- 3 lbs beef, cut into 2” chunks; sprinkled with salt & pepper
- 1 onion, cut into small wedges
- 4 carrots, cut into small chunks
- 10 oz pearl onions
- ½ pound white mushrooms, cut in half
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ cup cognac
- 1 cup beef stock
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 750 ml bottle full-bodied red cooking wine
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp dried thyme
Spray non-stick cooking spray inside the CanCooker. Pour in all of the liquid ingredients and mix well. Add remaining ingredients and mix in with the liquid. Close lid and latch. Put on medium/low heat cook for one hour. After the hour, carefully remove the lid and set aside. Stir in a mixture of water and cornstarch* to thicken the stew. Let it come back to a boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and set aside. It is now ready to served in soup bowls. Enjoy!
* Cornstarch/water mixture: 2 tbsp cornstarch with 2 tbsp water.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.