- 5 bratwurst
- 1 yellow onion, cut length-wise and quartered
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced
- ½ pound sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 1 bottle (12 oz.) room temperature beer
- ½ tsp CanCooker Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp caraway seed
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 hot dog buns
Spray inside of CanCooker with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange bratwurst in the CanCooker. Add onions, apples and sauerkraut. Mix remaining ingredients in bowl until blended and pour into the CanCooker.
Latch lid and cook on a medium / low heat for 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Remove and serve on hot dog rolls.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
These are so easy, we have these going at least once a month, and have used everything from a dark bear to a Bud Light. Whatever you like, try it! It's so easy & delicious!