- 1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian-style plum tomatoes, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Add 6 cups of water to the non-stick CanCooker JR or Companion and place on medium heat until steaming, slowly add bow tie pasta to the CanCooker. Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes until pasta is fully cooked, or desired tenderness.
Drain water with the CanCooker Strainer Lid and set pasta aside.
In the CanCooker, Add oil and cook sausage and pepper flakes on medium low heat until sausage is evenly brown. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.
pasta anything is a wonderful meal, great combo here