Servings: 5 servings Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package (19 ounces) JOHNSONVILLE® Original Brats
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- ¼ cup butter
- 5 brat buns
- In a can cooker, cook brats according to package directions; remove and keep warm.
- Heat oil until hot and smoky. Add onions, cook and stir with a wooden spoon for 5 minutes.
- Add 1/3 of beer; cook and stir to reduce liquid.
- Add brats and another 1/3 of beer.
- Cook and stir to reduce liquid; add remaining beer and butter.
- Cook and stir to reduce liquid.
- Serve onions and brats on buns.
We made this for friends when we were tailgating. Great flavor and easy. These can't be beat.