Shared by a CanCooker Fan - “Mr.Cook’s” best pot roast ever!
- 3-4 lb boneless chuck roast, well marbled with fat
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2.5 oz package tender pot roast seasoning
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 6-8 small white potatoes, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut in 1’’ pieces
- 1 onion, cut in large pieces
- 1⁄2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tbsp CanCooker Original Seasoning
- 3 tbsp olive oil
Brown roast in skillet.
Place 2-piece stainless steel rack in CanCooker and coat inside with non-stick cooking spray. Put the browned roast on the rack.
Mix pot roast seasoning with beef broth until smooth in a bowl and pour over roast. Sprinkle roast with garlic powder and CanCooker Original Seasoning. Drizzle roast with olive oil.
Add carrots, potatoes, celery and onions on top of the roast. Cover and bring to a slow steam on low/medium heat. Cook for 2-2 1⁄2 hours until desired doneness. Add salt and pepper to taste.
If you desire gravy, make it separately with the left over liquid.