For use with any CanCooker
Prep Time - 15 minutes
Cook Time - 45 minutes
- 2 pounds Beef Cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pound Potatoes Cut into 1" pieces
- 6 ounces Portobello Mushroom Caps Cut into 1" pieces
- 2 medium Onions Cut into wedges
- 2 Fresh Baby Carrots
- 14 ounce Can Beef Broth
- 14 ounce Can Diced Tomatoes with Italian Herbs
- 1 cup Burgundy or Pinot Noir Wine
- ½ tsp Pepper
- Spray non-stick cooking spray inside the CanCooker. Add the beef, then the remaining ingredients. Latch lid and cook on medium / low heat for 45 minutes.Carefully remove the lid, and let stand for a minute. Stir in a mixture* of water and all-purpose flour to thicken the stew to desire consistency. Remove from heat and serve!*Mixture to thicken stew: 3 tbsp water and ¼ cup all-purpose flour. Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
Leave a Review
Perfect – I have been searching for a recipe as good as my mom’s!
First Can Cooker meal – Very good! I added more Italian seasoning and still thought it could be more flavorful but a great first recipe and the meat and veggies were cooked perfectly!
Excellent stew! – Very tasty and filling. Used balsamic vinegar and extra water instead of the wine.
best stew ever made – i cooked my a little too long by accident but it was still the greatest stew ive ever had