For use with any CanCooker
- 1 18.25 oz package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 32 drops yellow food coloring divided
- 8 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups prepared white frosting
- 24 pieces candy corn
- springform pans
- Place cake mix in a bowl and pour in water and vegetable oil; add the three eggs. With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cake mix until combined. Pour half the cake mix into a second bowl. Color the first bowl with 16 drops of the yellow food dye. In the second bowl add 16 drops yellow food coloring and 8 drops red food coloring. Grease springform pans and add yellow cake mixture and fill approximately 1/3 full. Add orange cake mixture on top of the yellow cake mix and fill until about 2/3 full. Place rack in the bottom of any CanCooker and add water to the top of the rack. Set two of the springform pans on rack. Place lid on the CanCooker and steam on a medium-to-medium heat for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Let cakes cool, cut the cakes in half and stack a yellowcake on top of an orange cake. Frost and top with candy corn.
- The recipe will make 4 cakes.