For use with any CanCooker
Prep Time - 10 minutes
Cook Time - 30 minutes
- 2 pounds Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs or Breasts
- ⅓ cup Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Ketchup
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
- ⅓ cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic Finely Chopped or Grated
- 1 tbsp Grated Ginger Root
- 1-2 tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 16 ounce Can Crushed or Diced Pineapple Drained with Juice Reserved
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice From Canned Pineapple
- In nonstick CanCooker Junior or Companion, mix pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, gingerroot and Sriracha sauce. Add chicken and crushed pineapple. Cover and cook on low heat for 30 minutes, turning the chicken over once. Once chicken is cooked through and sauce thickened, remove from heat and let stand for 5-10 minutes. Remove chicken from CanCooker and shred. Serve warm over a bed of rice with a side of pineapple salsa, if desired, and chopped fresh cilantro.
Leave a Review
My family loves this chicken!! – Good weeknight meal.