- 1 1/2 pounds bulk Italian Sausage
- 2/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes julienned
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 16 oz. pkg uncooked penne past
- 1 pkg fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- In any CanCooker, on a medium-to-medium low heat source, brown the sausage until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes, breaking into crumbles.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic, fennel seed and pepper flakes.
- Add chicken stock and penne pasta to the CanCooker and cook until the liquid is almost evaporated; about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream and cook 2-4 minutes longer. Add, spinach and cook and stir until spinach has wilted. Top with Romano cheese and serve.