For use with any CanCooker
Prep Time - 10 mins
Cook Time - 30 mins
- 1 box Super Moist White Cake
- Water, Oil and Egg Whites Called for on cake mix box
- 1 cup Boiling Water
- 1 box Lime-Flavored Gelatin 4 serving size
- 8 ounce Whipped Topping Thawed
- Optional Sprinkles and Lime Slices For garnish
- 4 mini Disposable Loaf Pans
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, water, oil and egg whites on low speed for 30 seconds. Turn mixer to medium speed and beat for two more minutes, occasionally scraping the bowl. Grease two of the mini loaf pans and fill half full with the cake batter. In any size CanCooker place rack in the bottom of the CanCooker and add water to the top of the rack. Place cakes on rack and on medium heat bring to a steam. Steam cakes for thirty minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Repeat until all batter is used. Carefully remove and cool on cooling rack 20 minutes.Meanwhile, in medium bowl, pour boiling water on gelatin; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Poke cake every inch with handle of wooden spoon or tines of meat fork halfway into cake. Carefully pour lime gelatin evenly over top of cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.Top with whipped topping and garnish with sprinkles and limes.
Leave a Review
Super Moist Cake – I love poke cakes and the lime flavor is nice and refreshing.