Prep Time - 30 minutes
Cook Time - 35 minutes
- 4 Packages Boil in Bag Rice
- 1 Jumbo Onion Peeled and Sliced into ½" Rings
- 3 bunches Swiss Chard Washed and stemmed (may substitute mustard 4 1 3 fresh spinach).
- 1 Whole Head Elephant Garlic Peeled and separated into whole cloves
- 8 4oz Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts Lightly dusted with CanCooker Cajun Seasoning
- 3 pounds Smoked Rope Sausage Cut into 2" Sections
- 3 pounds Raw Jumbo Shrimp Shell On Lightly dusted with CanCooker Cajun Seasoning
- 1 10oz Can Rotel
- 2 10oz Cans Cooked Whole Butter Beans Drained and Rinsed
- 2 12oz Cans Beer May use water or chicken broth
- 1 4oz Stick Butter
- Place onion slices on bottom of cooker completely covering bottom.Place CanCooker Rack in cooker over the onions.Place rice bags flat on rack – do not overlap bags.Add chard and garlic over rice.Next place chicken breasts in a spiral fashion so as not to overlap.Next Add smoked sausage.Now top off with stick of butter.Pour in Rotel – 2 cans beer.Lock lid and place on heat source – once you see the steam escaping from the vent begin to time 25 minutes.After the 25 minutes carefully open the lid and add shrimp and butter beans.Continue to cook for 10 more minutes.Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes before opening.Now empty the CanCooker into large pan.In a second pan – open the rice bags and lay the rice down one side.Arrange the sausage, chicken and shrimp in group beside the rice.Now pour the remaining greens, beans and broth between the rice and meat.Stand Back! Tongues will be face smacking at this time. Enjoy! (best served with corn bread).Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.