For use with any CanCooker
Prep Time - 15 minutes
Cook Time - 10 minutes
- 12 large Eggs Beaten
- ½ pound Cooked Ham Chopped
- 1 Green Pepper Chopped
- 8 ounces Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Onion Chopped
- CanCooker All Purpose Seasoning
- CanCooker Butter Garlic Salt
- Fill CanCooker 1/4 full with water and bring to a boil without lid. For each individual serving, place 3 beaten eggs into quart size freezer bag. Add 2 tbsp each of green pepper, onions, ham and 1⁄4 cup cheese to the bag. Season to taste with CanCooker All Purpose Seasoning and CanCooker Butter Garlic Salt. Make sure that all the air is out of the bag and seal shut. Place in boiling water and latch lid.Steam for 10 minutes and remove bag with tongs. Be careful - the BAG WILL BE HOT! Open bag, transfer to a plate and serve.
Leave a Review
Great recipe. Easy to make a few changes and easy to fix. It took around 15 minutes cook time to get done in the middle tho. The omelets came out lite and fluffy from the bag with lots of flavor. Pre make a couple of these with the ingredients in the bag prior to going camping, throw em in a cooler to cook up the next morning in the can cooker and have one of the easiest camp breakfasts you will ever have. One of my picky eating kiddos even likes em.
Perfect – NO clean up – best Omelet Ever – put in a tortilla with cheese and salsa – clean up was dump the water out!