For use with any CanCooker
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 pork loin chops 7 ounces each
- 3 red potatoes cut into small wedges
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 medium onion cut into small wedges
- 1 can 10 3/4 oz. condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- cracked black pepper to taste
- chopped fresh parsley optional
- On a medium-to-medium low heat source melt the butter in any CanCooker. Brown pork chops on both sides and remove from the CanCooker. Reserve the drippings and add the potatoes, carrots and onion and sauté the vegetables until lightly browned, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the soup and the chicken broth; stir into the vegetables. Cover with the lid and cook until the vegetables are tender about 15-20 minutes.
- Return the pork chops to the CanCooker and continue to cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Place on serving tray and top with pepper and parsley.
Leave a Review
Totally yummy! And you can adapt it for whatever may be in yout pantry or ‘fridge!
All of what I put into it came from the discount shelf at my local grocer. Ten bucks and dinner for a week! I love it!
Another note – I have a gas fireplace in my livingroom – this is my “slow cooker”. So where this recipe calls for a temperature “turn down”, this pot goes to the fireplace.
btw – watxh out for the silicon sealing ring – it will fall off. But that is a manageable thing. Simply put it back on….