For use with any CanCooker
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion Chopped
- 1 pound Sweet Italian Sausage Cooked with casings removed and broken into pieces
- Kosher Salt
- 48 ounces Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 pound Fresh or Frozen Cheese Tortellini
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- Grated Parmesan For Serving
- Add the chicken broth, olive oil, onion, cooked sausage and salt to the CanCooker. Latch lid and simmer on medium/low heat for 10 minutes.Remove from heat and add spinach and tortellini. Latch lid and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.Serve topped with Parmesan. Very easy and delicious!
Excellent Soup – This is a quick soup, easy clean up and we make it a couple of times a month. Great, quick lunch snack or something to tide you over. We do not add the tortellini, just doing everything up until the spinach is added at the end. To each, just spoon out the portion desired, add tortellini and microwave. In our case, we substitute the tortellini for Wontons (but you can add whatever is your choice), again never putting them in at the last step (leave them in the freezer). Anyway, we cook it up as sort of a base then add the pasta of choice just before heating and eating. Outstanding.
Sausage and Tortellini Soup – Another great meal from our CanCooker. This is fantastic. The recipe didn’t call for mushrooms…so I put two packages in. We recommend this one wholeheartedly.
Too easy! – This is the best when you need to get a tasty hot dish while you’re standing in the snow and want something that serves easy. The ingredients are also easy to transport when your storage space is limited.