Prep Time - 15 minutes
Cook Time - 25 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ tsp CanCooker Original Seasoning Salt
- 1 small onion – diced
- ½ tsp garlic salt
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¾ tsp oregano
- ¾ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce or to taste
- 1 ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ⅓ cup milk
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 24 oz jar red pasta or marinara sauce
- 24 oz beef broth
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Italian parsley
- 4 sub rolls
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, CanCooker Original Seasoning Salt, onion, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, oregano, red pepper flakes, hot pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Mix until well blended.
- Add milk, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and mix until well combined.
- Form into one-inch meatballs and set aside.
- Place 2-piece rack in the bottom of any CanCooker and add beef broth.
- Place the meatballs on the rack, close lid and steam on medium heat for 20-25 minutes.
- Let rest in CanCooker for five minutes.
- Remove the meatballs and set aside. Discard the beef broth.
- Add the pasta or marinara sauce to the CanCooker and simmer on a medium low heat until warm.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Place meatballs and sauce onto the sub rolls and cover with mozzarella cheese and Italian parsley.