Prep Time - 20 minutes
Cook Time - 45 minutes
- 4 Bacon Strips finely chopped
- 1½ lbs Turkey Breast Tenderloins cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 Carrots sliced
- 2 Small Onions quartered
- 2 Celery Ribs sliced
- ¼ tsp Rosemary dried
- 2 cups Water divided
- 1 can Reduced Sodium Chicken Broth 14 ½ oz. can
- 3 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Biscuit Baking Mix
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp Milk
- ½ tsp CanCooker Onion Pepper Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Fresh Chives chopped
- Sauté bacon in any non-stick coated CanCooker until crisp.
- Add turkey and sauté on a medium-to-medium low heat until lightly brown.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, rosemary and 1 ¾ cups water and broth.
- Place on lid and simmer until the vegetables are tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Mix flour and remaining water until smooth; stir into turkey mixture until thickened about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine biscuit mix, milk and chives to form a dough.
- Form into 6 dumplings and place on top of the stew.
- Place on lid and continue to simmer 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in dumpling comes out clean.
- If desired, sprinkle dumplings with CanCooker Onion Pepper Seasoning before serving.