- 4 fresh Sockeye salmon fillets
- 2 cups Half & Half cream
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 cups diced new potatoes
- 2 cups diced mushrooms (Portabella, Shitake and Chanterelle)
- 1 cup diced Canadian bacon
- 1 cup diced Bok Choy
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 small Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
Sweet Glaze Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
Coat inside of CanCooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add water and potatoes. Close and latch CanCooker’s lid; place on medium heat. Once cooker begins to steam, cook for 15 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and cool. Drain potatoes and place them in a bowl for later.
Whisk together ingredients for Sweet Glaze in sauce pan over medium heat until smooth.
Coat salmon fillets liberally with glaze. Place salmon on a cedar plank and put into a 450 ̊ oven for 10 minutes. Brown fillets under the broiler for another 5 minutes. Set aside and cool.
In CanCooker, sauté onions, mushrooms, celery, bok choy and Canadian bacon in butter until tender. Add in flour until well blended or thickened. Gradually add milk and half & half, stirring constantly. Continue stirring and cooking until thickened. Cut cooled salmon fillets into small pieces; put in CanCooker with liquids, seasonings, potatoes and cook for 15 minutes on medium/low heat. Do not bring to a boil.
Serve with fresh garlic bread to soak up every last drop.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
Wonderful hearty meal