- 16 cups white or sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 tbsp butter
- 2 cups yellow onion, medium-diced
- 1 cup celery, medium-diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, unpeeled, cored and medium-diced
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tsp sage
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lb sweet or spicy Italian sausage, casings removed & cooked
- 3 cups chicken stock
Melt the butter in the CanCooker and add the onions, celery, apples, seasonings. Sauté on a medium/low heat for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
Remove vegetables from CanCooker and place in a large bowl. In the same large bowl, add the bread crumbs, cooked sausage and 1 cup chicken stock. Mix ingredients together.
Wrap the 2 piece stainless steel rack with tinfoil and place in bottom of the CanCooker. Add 2 cups of chicken stock and the bread and vegetable mixture to the CanCooker. Latch lid and steam on medium/low heat for 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, serve warm.