- 6 large green, yellow, red or orange peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can tomatoes, diced
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup rice (we presoaked the rice in water for 30 minutes)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz water
In bowl mix together the ground beef, onion, tomatoes, tomato sauce, rice, salt, pepper, garlic and Worcestershire sauce.
Cut tops from peppers; discard seeds and membranes. Sprinkle inside of peppers with salt. Stuff peppers with meat mixture.
Place the 2-piece stainless steel rack on bottom of the CanCooker and add the 12 oz water. Place the stuffed peppers on the rack, latch lid and place on low to low/medium heat. Steam for 40 minutes, then turn off heat.
Sprinkle with cheese, place lid back on and let stand for 10 minutes.