- 2 lbs of venison cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 oz of Portobello mushrooms caps cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions cut into wedges
- 2 cups of fresh baby carrots
- 1 (14-oz) can of beef broth
- 1 (14-oz) can of diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 cup of Burgundy or Pinot Noir wine
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Spray non-stick cooking spray in CanCooker, place venison pieces in bottom of cooker, add the remainder of the ingredients. Cover with lid and bring up to mild steam. Cook on med-low for 45 minutes. Remove lid, and allow the heat to come out for a minute then carefully stir in a mixture* of water/all purpose flour to thicken the stew to desire consistency. Remove from heat and serve!
*Mixture to thicken stew: 3 tablespoons of water and ¼ cup of all-purpose flour.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.