- 3 lb venison roast
- 1 onion quartered
- 6 carrots cut into small chunks
- ½ lb of potatoes cut into small chunks
- 3 cups of Cabernet Sauvignon wine (one you would like to drink)
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 3 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of each salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon each of ground, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano and Parsley
Spray inside of CanCooker with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour in all of the liquids and seasonings, mix well. Insert racks. Add the potatoes, carrots, onion and venison. Close lid and latch. Put on a medium/low cooking surface and once it starts steaming, cook for 90 minutes. Remove from heat source and let sit for a couple minutes, remove lid and with a long handled spoon remove all the food and racks. Stir in a mix of water and cornstarch* to thicken the gravy and now you are ready to serve!
* Cornstarch/water mix: 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
I followed to a T, except for the water. added beef broth and 12 oz. cold beer!!!! good stuff and very tender rump roast!!! Love my can cooker!!!