- 10 bacon slices – diced
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 1 cup carrots – diced
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 ½ cups potatoes – cubed
- 1 can (15 ¼ ounces) whole kernel corn – drained
- 2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
- 1 tsp CanCooker Onion Pepper Seasoning
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups fully cooked ham – cubed
Add bacon to any non-stick CanCooker and cook the bacon on a medium low heat until crisp. Remove the bacon from the CanCooker and set aside. In the drippings sauté the onion and carrots until tender. Stir in flour and mix until blended. Add milk and water to the CanCooker and bring to a boil. Stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add the potatoes, corn, bouillon and Onion Pepper Seasoning to the CanCooker. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and ham to the CanCooker and continue to simmer until the cheese has melted. Top with reserved bacon and serve.
Delicious hearty soup. I used red potatoes and 1% milk.