- 1 32 oz carton reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 10 ½ oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 tbsp chicken bouillon
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 16.3 oz can home-style refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Add chicken broth and thighs into non-stick CanCooker Jr. or Companion. Cook over medium/low heat for 20 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except for biscuits. Cook over medium/low heat for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, pat biscuits flat on a cutting board and cut into thin strips.
Drop strips one at a time into boiling chicken mixture. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
We've made this multiple times. It's outstanding. It rarely gets past two days with us even though the recipe makes quite a bit for two of us.
We have made this several times now. It's a bit more soup like than the dish I am familiar with. No matter, it goes fast, never lasts long at all.