- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp dry sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 20 slider buns or dinner rolls, split
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp Sriracha Asian Hot Chili Sauce
- 3 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro
Place chopped onion and chicken in a non-stick CanCooker JR or Companion. In a small bowl, mix ketchup, teriyaki sauce, sherry, ginger, salt and pour over chicken. Place CanCooker on medium low to medium heat, cover with lid and cook for 25-30 minutes, making sure chicken is fully cooked through.
Remove chicken; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred chicken with two forks. Return chicken to CanCooker. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sesame oil and Sriracha sauce until blended.
Stir in coleslaw mix, cherries and cilantro. Using a slotted spoon, place 1/4 cup chicken mixture on each bun bottom; top with about 2 tablespoons slaw and replace tops.
Sesame slaw is also a really great side. Enjoy!