For use with any CanCooker
Prep Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 50 mins
INGREDIENTS: (Original Size CanCooker):
- 5 pounds Red Potatoes Quartered
- 2 pounds Baby Carrots
- 1 small Cabbage or ½ head large cabbage Quartered
- 1 onion Quartered
- 3 pounds Polska Kielbasa (3 rings)
- 12 ounce Can of Mountain Dew
- 1 pound Fresh Shrimp Peeled and Deveined (Optional)
INGREDIENTS: (CanCooker Jr. size)
- 2.5 pounds Red Potatoes Quartered
- 1 pound Baby Carrots
- ½ head Large Cabbage Quartered
- 1 Onion Quartered
- 2 pounds Polska Kielbasa (3 rings)
- 12 ounce Can Mountain Dew
- Spray inside of the CanCooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place potatoes, carrots, cabbage and onion in the CanCooker. Place kielbasa on top of vegetables. Add can of Mountain Dew® (or 12 oz. water). Latch the lid and place on medium heat. Once the CanCooker begins to vent steam, cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Open lid carefully. Serve in a large tray and enjoy!If you choose to add shrimp to this recipe -- Add the 1 lb of fresh shrimp the last 5 -10 minutes of cooking . Cook until pink.Open lid carefully. Season to taste with CanCooker Original Creole Seasoning and Butter Garlic Seasoning. Serve in a large tray and Enjoy!
Leave a Review
We love this recipe , it’s a deer camp tradition. We like to substitute little smokies for the kielbasa , it’s a hit with the guys every year.
If I could only use my can cookers for one recipe, this is what my family would pick. The only thing I change is add 1.5 cups of low sodium chicken broth because we serve this dish over rice. Don’t forget the stick of butter on top and a few shakes of the butter garlic and all purpose seasoning. Fantastic!
So. Freakin’. Good! The 1st & best thing I cook in my cancooker. Love it!
Lives up to its name! Delicious