- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1 10 oz. pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed & squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tsp CanCooker Onion Pepper Seasoning
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 lb ground chicken
- spaghetti squash (see instructions below)
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
Meatballs & Sauce
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, spinach, bread crumbs, Parmesan Cheese, CanCooker Onion Pepper Seasoning and garlic.
- Add ground chicken and mix well. Shape into 1 ½ inch balls.
- Place 2-piece rack into any CanCooker and add 12 oz water. Place the meatballs onto the racks, close lid and steam on medium heat for 30 minutes. Let meatballs rest in CanCooker for five minutes. Remove meatballs and discard water.
- For sauce, in the CanCooker, saute mushrooms in oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to low boil. Reduce heat,simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add meatballs and heat through. Serve over Steamed Spaghetti Squash.
- 12 oz water to CanCooker1 medium spaghetti squash – seeded and cut into halfPlace rack inside the CanCooker and add water. Place squash cut side down on top of therack. Place on lid and let steam on amedium to medium low for 30 minutes. Remove squash and let set for 2 minutes. With a fork scrap squash into a serving dish.