For use with any CanCooker
Prep Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 45 mins
- 2 cans Stewed Tomatoes (14.5 oz cans) undrained
- 1 lb Skinless, Boneless Chicken Thighs cut up
- 16 oz Andouille Sausage sliced
- 1 can Reduced-Sodium Chicken Broth (14.5 oz can)
- 1 Green Sweet Pepper chopped
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 2 Stalks Celery chopped
- 1 tbsp CanCooker Original Creole Seasoning
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- ¼ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 lb Fresh or Frozen Medium Shrimp (thawed if frozen) peeled and deveined
- 4 cups White or Brown Rice hot cooked
- In a Non-Stick CanCooker add the tomatoes, chicken thighs, sausage, chicken broth, green pepper, onion, celery, creole seasoning, garlic, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Place on lid and cook on medium low heat for 40 min.
- Remove lid add the shrimp, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- If desired serve over rice.
Leave a Review
Tried this recipe and found it to be delicious!. Instructions don’t mention it but rice should be plated first and then the other added on top. It has a little kick but not overbearing……in my opinion anyway.