Prep Time - 15 mins
Cook Time - 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 Carrots Cut into ½-inch rounds
- 3 stalks Celery Cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 7 ounces Chipolte Peppers in Adobo Sauce Divided
- 1 cup Prepared Corn Bread Stuffing
- 2 cup Cornish Hens About 1 ½ Pound Each
- Salt and Black Pepper
- 12 ounce Chicken Broth
- Pour canned chipotles into small bowl. Finely chop ½ chipotle pepper; mix into prepared stuffing. Remove remaining peppers from adobo sauce and reserve for another use. Finely chop remaining ½ chipotle pepper and add to adobo sauce.
- Rinse and dry hens, removing giblets, if any. Season with salt and black pepper inside and out. Fill each hen with about ½ cup stuffing. Rub adobo sauce onto hens.
- Add 12 ounces of chicken broth, carrots, celery and onion to the CanCooker. Place 2 hens on top of vegetables arranging hens necks down, legs up. Cover; cook on medium heat for 60 to 90 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Carefully remove hens to large serving platter. Remove vegetables using slotted spoon; arranging around hens. Spoon cooking juices over hens and vegetables.