For use with any CanCooker
Prep Time - 20 mins
Cook Time - 50 mins
- 3 pounds Corned Beef Brisket with Spice Packet
- 5 pounds New Potatoes
- 2 bags Baby Carrots
- 1 head Cabbage Quartered
- 12 ounces Water
- 12 ounces Beer
Irish gravy recipe: White Sauce with Parsley
- 1 small Onion
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 cups Milk
- 4 tbsp Butter ½ stick
- ½ cup Flour
- Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 tbsp Freshly Chopped Parsley
- Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in the CanCooker. Place corn beef on top of vegetables. Add seasoning packet, and liquids. Latch lid and put on medium / low heat. Cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes. Transfer to a large serving tray and enjoy!
- Irish gravy recipe: White Sauce with Parsley
- Peel the onion and stud it with the garlic. In a pan, add the milk (and stock if using), onion and bay leaf and slowly bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and strain. Melt the butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour and cook over a low heat for a minute or two. Gradually add the infused milk, stirring all the time to make a smooth sauce. Simmer over a low heat for a few minutes and then season to taste. Add the chopped parsley and stir well. Serve overtop vegetables.Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
Leave a Review
Instead of beer, I use mountain dew.
Followed the instructions as shown, potatoes were fork split perfectly done along with carrots, not mushy. Cabbage so tender. Meat was tender and juicy. Will not cook corned beef any other way again! 50 minutes was accurate as stated in the recipe.
Favorite Meal – Once a month my husband and I treat ourselves to this meal. Not just for St. Patty Day for sure!!