For use with any CanCooker
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 small onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3 cups leftover mash potatoes
- 2-3 cups cooked turkey shredded
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheddar cheese optional
- chopped parsley optional
- Add butter to the CanCooker and melt on a medium-to-medium low heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft and tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add flour and mix well until evenly combined with the onion mixture and continue to cook for one minute.
- Pour in chicken stock and Italian seasoning. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 minutes
- Add in mashed potatoes and stir until the potatoes have broken up. Let the soup simmer over medium heat for 8-10minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add turkey and half and half cream. Cook until heated through about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in corn and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with shredded cheddar cheese and parsley if desired.