Prep Time - 10 mins
Cook Time - 30 mins
- 1 package Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix Also see Recipe Notes for cake mix ingredients
- 1 cup Coconut
- 1 ½ cups Chopped Pecans
- 12 ounces Chocolate Chips
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter ½ cup
- 1 ¼ cups Powdered Sugar
- NOTE: The ingredients will produce three - 6” cakes. So you’ll only be using a third of each ingredient for each of the 6“ baking dishes.Melt 1 stick of butter and stir in cream cheese over low to medium heat in CanCooker until melted together.Remove from heat.Put in bowl and add powdered sugar and whisk to combine. Save this powderedsugar mixture for later.Put in rack & 12 oz. of water into CanCooker and set on Medium, until steam rises.Grease and flour 3 - 6” round baking dishes - make sure they fit in the opening ofthe CanCooker before starting.Spread 1/3 of each of the pecans, coconut and then chocolate chips in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.Mix cake mix according to package directions in separate bowl.Spread 1/3 of it over top of chocolate chip mixture. -Leave room in dish for next ingredient.Now, spread 1/3 of powdered sugar mixture over top of cake batter in baking dish.Bake an additional 30 -45 minutes or until cake tests done. Keep a good eyeon this as it can change quickly. Remove dish with tongs carefully.Cool completely before cutting.Store covered tightly. After 2 days, store in refrigerator.
- Cake mix required 3 eggs, 1/3 cup canola oil and 1 1/4 cups water to make cake according to package directions.Grease and flour the baking dish really well to avoid sticking.Enjoy! Normally this cake is a little temperamental, having to tent and other things,but, with the CanCooker it’s enclosed and the water makes an amazingly moistcake.
Leave a Review