For use with any CanCooker
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chili pepper
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs. ground venison
- 2 15.5 oz. cans kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 10 oz. cans fire roasted diced tomatoes w/ green chiles undrained
- 1 28 oz. can tomato puree
- 1 bay leaf
- Shredded Cheese, Scallions and Sour Cream optional
- In any CanCooker, heat olive oil over a medium-to-medium low heat source. When oil is hot add onions, bell pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, chipotle chili powder, thyme, coriander, salt and pepper. Remove lid from CanCooker and continue to simmer for 10 minutes longer. Remove bay leaf. Top with shredded cheese, scallions, and sour cream.
- Stir in garlic until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Place lid on CanCooker and cook until vegetable have softened about 8-10 minutes.
- Add venison to the CanCooker, breaking up the lumps with a spoon and cook until the venison is no longer pink.
- Stir in kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato puree, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer, place lid on CanCooker and cook for 30 minutes.