4 - 6-ounce tilapia fillets
- ¼ tsp CanCooker Original Seasoning Salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion – chopped
- 1 – 10 ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies – undrained
- ¾ cup roasted red peppers – chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp CanCooker Butter Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Optional – Hot cooked pasta or rice
- Optional – Black Olives -chopped
Sprinkle fillets with CanCooker Original Seasoning Salt and drizzle with lemon juice. In any non-stick CanCooker heat olive oil on a medium low heat. Add red onions and stir until tender about five minutes. Add tomatoes, peppers, broth, tomato paste, CanCooker Butter Garlic Salt and oregano and cook 3 minutes longer.
Place fillets over the tomato mixture and cover with lid. Continue steaming for 6-8 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork. If desired serve over pasta or rice and top with chopped black olives.
The fish had great flavor and was tender.