- 2 lbs beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 oz portobello mushrooms caps, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 (14-oz) can beef broth
- 1 (14-oz) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 cup Burgundy or Pinot Noir wine
- ½ tsp pepper
Spray non-stick cooking spray inside the CanCooker. Add the beef, then the remaining ingredients. Latch lid and cook on medium / low heat for 45 minutes.
Carefully remove the lid, and let stand for a minute. Stir in a mixture* of water and all-purpose flour to thicken the stew to desire consistency.
Remove from heat and serve!
*Mixture to thicken stew: 3 tbsp water and ¼ cup all-purpose flour.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
Very good! I added more Italian seasoning and still thought it could be more flavorful but a great first recipe and the meat and veggies were cooked perfectly!
I have been searching for a recipe as good as my mom's!
i cooked my a little too long by accident but it was still the greatest stew ive ever had