- 2 lbs beef, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lb potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 oz portobello mushrooms caps, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 1 (14-oz) can beef broth
- 1 (14-oz) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs
- 1 cup Burgundy or Pinot Noir wine
- ½ tsp pepper
Spray non-stick cooking spray inside the CanCooker. Add the beef, then the remaining ingredients. Latch lid and cook on medium / low heat for 45 minutes.
Carefully remove the lid, and let stand for a minute. Stir in a mixture* of water and all-purpose flour to thicken the stew to desire consistency.
Remove from heat and serve!
*Mixture to thicken stew: 3 tbsp water and ¼ cup all-purpose flour.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
Very tasty and filling. Used balsamic vinegar and extra water instead of the wine.
Very good! I added more Italian seasoning and still thought it could be more flavorful but a great first recipe and the meat and veggies were cooked perfectly!
I have been searching for a recipe as good as my mom's!
i cooked my a little too long by accident but it was still the greatest stew ive ever had