- 1 lb fresh shrimp, deveined
- 2 Andouille sausage links, cut into ½” slices
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp CanCooker Original Creole Seasoning
- 2 tsp flour
- 24 oz chicken stock
- 14 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup medium grain brown rice
Spray non-stick cooking spray inside the CanCooker. Pour in the chicken stock and stir in the flour and Creole Seasoning. Add the remaining ingredients, except the shrimp, with the chicken and sausage on top.
Latch lid and heat on medium / low. Cook for 55 minutes. After 55 minutes open lid carefully. Add the shrimp and cook for 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for a couple minutes. Remove lid carefully and serve.
Note: You can increase or decrease the amount of ingredients in this recipe but please make sure to use at least 12 oz. of liquid.
I also found this to be a very good and simple jambalaya recipe. I did 1 1/2 times which fit in the normal size cooker fine! Great summertime deliciousness!
A dear friend of ours fixed this for New Years Eve and It was delicious! It also inspired us to buy CanCooker of our own. Thanks Tim A. for introducing us to such a tasty way of cooking.